Your Voice: A Student Publication

Unleashed

• May 17"Summertime is always the best of what might be." - Charles Bowden
  • May 17"Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August." - Jenny Han
  • April 18Pardon Our Appearance While We Update the Site!
Your Voice: A Student Publication

Unleashed

Your Voice: A Student Publication

Unleashed

Echos of Solitude

Echos of Solitude 

Within the hushed corridors of solitude, my footsteps echo softly against cold, unyielding walls. The air hangs heavy, pregnant with the weight of isolation. A lone figure meanders through the quiet expanse, a spectral presence haunting the emptiness.

The absence of rhythmic verses leaves a void, a silence that stretches into infinity. No harmonious melodies grace these desolate halls; instead, there’s only the solemn cadence of solitude, a deafening hush that swallows my existence whole.

As I navigate through the empty spaces, the echoes persist—whispers of past laughter and shared moments now replaced by the resonance of my solitary footsteps. There’s no cheerful cadence, no harmonious laughter echoing off the walls. The walls themselves seem to absorb any attempts at merriment, leaving only the stark, unadorned essence of being alone.

The shadows become my only company, silent companions in this solitary journey. No vibrant exchanges, no lively debates—only a quiet dialogue between the contours of darkness, stretching and morphing with each step. The universe here is a personal affair, a self-contained narrative devoid of the vibrant exchanges of social interaction.

In the absence of companionship, the shadows grow denser. The narrative unfolds in muted hues, each moment steeped in the melancholy of solitude. The canvas is not just empty; it’s a tapestry of emotions painted in the subtle shades of loneliness. No silver linings grace the landscape, and the night, far from being a refuge, becomes a companion to my contemplation.

Loneliness, a spectral presence, accompanies me through the quiet space. The details of my isolation are etched in the cool surfaces, the solitude resonating with each step. There’s a stark beauty in the simplicity of this existence, where the palette lacks vibrancy, and life unfolds in a monotone spectrum.

In the quiet of the night, within the details of my solitude, I find a quiet resilience—a stoic acceptance of the stark brilliance that emanates from a life unadorned.